Thursday 22 March 2007

Focus on something better

My darling wife brought me home a copy of Focus science magazine the other night. I'd never read it before.

It was a "Britain in Space" special, featuring a British Space Rocket, Starchaser - same rockets as always, but rather a nice picture of them being trawled down a main road along with their launch towers - and promising Spaceplanes Ascender and Skylon.

Now excuse me, but I haven't heard anything new from the Bennett camp in more than a couple of years, and from what I can tell, nothing new has come out of REL or BSP in a couple of decades

Why can't these science magazines cover current projects that are actually happening, or at least are being worked on? Please stand up, Prof Ball, Prof Pillenger and Prof Zarnecki!

Anyway, that was the first time I'd read Focus, and the last.